Thanks to all the teachers who attended my presentation on Web 2.0 and RSS. Here are the key points of the presentation and the video that we viewed. The actual slideshow is posted on the TechThink blog.
Web 2.0 includes websites that exhibit some of the following characteristics:
- The web site can deliver an application – Google Docs, Spreadsheets & Presentation
- Users own the content of the site and can manipulate it – personal blogs
- User participation that adds to the content of the website – user Reviews on Amazon.com
- Easy to use interface – iGoogle or Facebook
- Social Networking aspects – Facebook or Orkut
RSS stands for Real Simple Syndication. An RSS feed delivers the latest content that is appearing on a website. In order to use RSS feeds, you need sign up with an RSS Aggregator. This image does a good job summarizing how RSS works.
And here is the Web is using Us video.