Maybe it is time that you did.
The Terms of Service usually includes expectations of the user (that means you), age restrictions and rules of use. By agreeing to the Terms of Service, many sites reserve the right to delete or terminate your account if you have given false information (such as the wrong age) or if you violate the rules (such as using inappropriate language). Sometimes the terms of service will include a Report Abuse function like Runescape.
If you are choosing to sign up for a website, consider the following:
- Did you inform your parents that you will be signing up for a website?
- Use a search engine to find online reviews of the site you are interested in.
- Check to see that you are old enough. Age restrictions are put in place to protect you.
- Do you trust the site with the personal information required to sign up?
- Are they security settings that allow you to limit public access to your information?
- Does the website have a way of reporting abuse?