Have you got a good idea?
To celebrate Google’s tenth anniversary, the company has launched a new project calling on individuals to submit ideas that can help as many people as possible. The FAQ answers many questions about the project but here are some highlights:
Google has committed $10 million to implement the winning ideas.
There are 8 categories.
Entries will be judged according to 5 criteria:
- Reach: How many people would this idea affect?
- Depth: How deeply are people impacted? How urgent is the need?
- Attainability: Can this idea be implemented within a year or two?
- Efficiency: How simple and cost-effective is your idea?
- Longevity: How long will the idea’s impact last?
100 ideas will be selected by Google and the public will narrow the field down to 20 semi-finalist.
An advisory board will then choose up to 5 final ideas.
Submissions are due by October 20, 2008 and voting will begin on January 27, 2009.
The official announcement can be read here.
The official website can be viewed here.